Monday, October 13, 2008

Tokyo- Haaiiiiii!!!!!!

Molly and I ventured to Tokyo this weekend! This was my first time, her second. We just wanted to experience it and do a little shopping! Tokyo is absolutely beyond description, size-wise. We saw only a drop, compared to the sea that Tokyo is.

We took the Chuo train line (local train) all the way there and back- about a 2.5-3 hour trip one way. When we got closer to Tokyo, we had to change trains and get onto the subway lines. We were packed like sardines standing in these trains! It was crazy! I have never seen so many people in my whole life. When we got off the train in Shinjuku (an area of Tokyo) my eyes were flooded with masses and masses of people. They were everywhere, and they just kept coming- there was no end!! We went to Shinjuku first, then rode to Shibuya to see the "Time Square" of Tokyo. Check out these pictures. Molly and I sat in Starbucks, on the second floor, and just watched the street corners fill up. Then the traffic would stop and people poured into the streets. It was like flood gates being opened, and waters gushing out.

We really didn't DO that much while in TOKYO, but we were there, and thats what counts. There's only so much a person CAN do in a city that humongous.

I wanted to find some tennis shoes to wear to school, because teachers here dress very casual in elementary school. but guess what? Even in Tokyo, they didnt' carry my size! Of course we only visited a couple stores, but still! I've decided to buy shoes online! We did step into a real Gucci store and peek at the $2000 purses. Criminy!!

Molly and I had a blast. Molly has been such a blessing! Please pray for both of us as we are seeking to do God's work here in Japan. Sometimes we're not sure what God wants us to do, but we do know we have a purpose here, and we will live to love people, if nothing else! Thank you! Hugs!!
Here is the link to the pictures from TOKYO. Sorry- the blogger wouldn't let me post pictures on this page! You may have to copy and paste it into your browser! Sorry for the extra trouble!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011927&l=fc708&id=164100495


No comments: