Friday, January 20, 2012

Long time, no see!

One of my 2012 new year's resolutions is to write on my blog once a month.
There, I said it. Now I've gotta do it!
While I'm on this topic, here are my 2012 resolutions/goals:
  • Run a marathon (maybe a 1/2 this year, full next year)
  • Study Chinese through chineseclass101.com- I paid for it so I must use it!
  • Read through the Bible with the One Year Bible plan
  • Crave God, not food- started this year with the "Made to Crave" challenge from Proverbs 31 Ministries


These four resolutions all require some kind of disciplined plan with daily participation. If I can stick to these, I will have the year I am hoping for in 2012.  But I can't stick to these at all. Plans oftem make me feel trapped.  I need the help of Someone who is greater than me; Someone who has it all figured out and can counsel me through the year.  I'm so thankful for Jesus my Savior, who does just that for me.  Only with the strength I receive from Him am I able to learn discipline and live out my resolutions.

I know that I will sometimes be weak: I'll hit the snooze and snuggle up to my husband instead of hitting the pavement at 6am; I'll trade chinese study for facebook study; I'll plan to read my Bible "later" but "later" never comes; when I'm hungry, angry, tired, lonely, or stressed I'll eat an icecream bar rather than run to the arms of my Jesus.  With my God, however, there is hope for someone like me:

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall. But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:30-31

No comments: