Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Year, New Life!





On January 1, 2011, at 1:11pm, I married the love of my life, Adeng Chen.

Adeng and I met in Japan, at New Life International church, where we both attended. When we met, Adeng was planning to enroll in seminary in Tokyo. We talked about our hearts' callings to do God's work in Asia, and our relationship soon blossomed. We worried a little bit about our future, even from the beginning, because Adeng was soon to move 3 hours away, to Chiba for Seminary. But early on we learned not worry, but to trust God! Even though we only saw each other a few times a month, our faith and God's grace kept us going.



Adeng and I went to America to be married, where my family graciously hosted us and took care of all our needs. It was the first time Adeng had ever been to America. I enjoyed showing him around Omaha, and even my alma mater, Morningside College, in Sioux City, Iowa. We didn't get enough snow to go sledding, but it was cold enough that we thoroughly enjoyed the fireplace and the comfort of home and family.



Now we are back in Japan, living apart until I finish my teaching contract in Yamanashi, where I began my life in Japan. Then I'll move to Chiba and Adeng and I will live in student housing on campus. I'm so excited to go to school again and study many things; God's Word, Japanese, Chinese, and music!



Our foundation as a couple and as people is God's Word. Our common ground is our desire to serve God is Asia, and tell people everywhere of God's Love and wonderful gift of salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ. We are very excited for the future plans God has for us! Thank you for your prayers and support!



Jeremiah 29:11- 13
~"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

2 comments:

MOlly said...

What a blessed story! I pray for you two everyday that God would show his path for you and bless you richly! Love the pictures and the updates hope to hear and chat with you soon about all your travels! Blessings!

Vicky said...

I love your wedding pictures. So happy for both of you.