Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Summer Summary

Wow- summer came and went like a typhoon through Yamanashi!- quickly!!
I've already told about the fun weekend at Okoboji lake, memories still fresh in my mind.
After Okoboji we went here and there, doing this and that... mostly amounting to shopping! Jill and I must haved shopped nearly everyday, which I actually enjoyed! Living in Japan has turned me off to shopping, because the fashion either doesn't appeal to me, or just plain doesn't fit my body! HA! However, this is good for my pocket book!

We met up with family for a few dinners, always wonderful to see them! Andrea, Amy, and I met for Culvers one last time before we parted ways. Andrea is now in Chile teaching English, and Amy and her hubby of one year just moved into a new home!


Andrea, me, Amy
Then on to Judy and David Bligh's wedding! That was weekend I was most looking forward to, and turned out to be the highlight of the summer. Not only did one of my best friends get married, but her wedding was a college reunion for us, minus Erin, whom we all greatly missed. I make it sound like she's dead, she's not dead, just in Africa. My parents and Jill also came up for the wedding, which was very meaningful.


Rehearsal dinner!


Peace! A Japanese picture pose!
My family was a huge blessing while I was home. Even though I'm an "adult" now, they paid for my meals and loaned me their cars. Thanks you guys!


Look who wanted to come back to Japan with me ?!? Rudy San!! He loves me because I'm his walking buddy.

Nathan moved to college just before I left, and is now enjoying Husker games, biking to class, and the perks of the UNL campus.

David came over the night before I left and said goodbyes. I bawled, I think he teared up a bit.

Afterwards Jill, mom, dad, and I prayed over Jill for healing. We all cried, and were very moved by the Holy Spirit. We are waiting patiently, expectantly for His promise of restoration!

No comments: